log_min_duration_statement oddity

От Csaba Nagy
Тема log_min_duration_statement oddity
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi all,

Postgres version: 8.0.3

I wonder if I understood correctly what log_min_duration_statement
does... I set it to 2000, and the result is that all queries running
more than 2 seconds on _local_ connections are logged, but long running
queries on remote connections are not logged. Is this something to be
expected, or it's a bug ?

Thanks,
Csaba.

The complete log relevant configuration as I have it in postgresql.conf:

# - When to Log -

#client_min_messages = notice   # Values, in order of decreasing detail:
                                #   debug5, debug4, debug3, debug2,
debug1,
                                #   log, notice, warning, error

log_min_messages = info         # Values, in order of decreasing detail:
                                #   debug5, debug4, debug3, debug2,
debug1,
                                #   info, notice, warning, error, log,
fatal,
                                #   panic

log_error_verbosity = default   # terse, default, or verbose messages

#log_min_error_statement = panic # Values in order of increasing
severity:
                                 #   debug5, debug4, debug3, debug2,
debug1,
                                 #   info, notice, warning, error,
panic(off)

log_min_duration_statement = 2000 # -1 is disabled, in milliseconds.

#silent_mode = false             # DO NOT USE without syslog or
redirect_stderr

# - What to Log -

debug_print_parse = false
debug_print_rewritten = false
debug_print_plan = false
debug_pretty_print = false
#log_connections = false
#log_disconnections = false
log_duration = true
log_line_prefix = '%d:%p:%r:%t:'                # e.g. '<%u%%%d> '
                                # %u=user name %d=database name
                                # %r=remote host and port
                                # %p=PID %t=timestamp %i=command tag
                                # %c=session id %l=session line number
                                # %s=session start timestamp
%x=transaction id
                                # %q=stop here in non-session processes
                                # %%='%'
log_statement = 'none'          # none, mod, ddl, all
#log_statement = 'all'
#log_hostname = false