PostgreSQL missing in SuSE 10?

От Gregory Youngblood
Тема PostgreSQL missing in SuSE 10?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I've been using SuSE and PostgreSQL for a fairly long time. Recently
(last 12 months), I've noticed that the 9.x (9.2 and 9.3 specifically)
versions of SuSE do not include PostgreSQL on the CD install -- only on
the DVD. At first (9.2), I thought it was just a glitch that didn't get
fixed in 9.3. Now, it seems to have been deliberate.

With SuSE 10.0, it appears PostgreSQL is not even included on the DVD.
At least not the eval DVD currently available for download. If SuSE 10.0
users want to have a PostgreSQL server, they'll have to build it from
source themselves (or find the RPM online). The Novell web site says
PostgreSQL 8.0.3 is included in the SuSE 10 distribution, and includes
the packages for the full install. Reality appears to be just the libs.

I'm hoping this is a packaging glitch at Novell, and not something more
serious. Does anyone have any information why SuSE appears to be making
it more difficult to install PostgreSQL on their distro? I am still
searching the opensuse forums for more information as well, but really
wanted to hear from this side of the fence.

Thanks,
Greg