Re: PostgreSQL 8.1 vs. MySQL 5.0?

От Tino Wildenhain
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 8.1 vs. MySQL 5.0?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Am Freitag, den 07.10.2005, 19:00 +0300 schrieb Andrus:
> I must support demo versions for 1 to 100 users in all Windowses using free
> software.
>
> So there are the following options :
>
> 1. Use Firebird
> 2. Use Postgres + cygwin all cases, even in XP
> 3. Use Postgres native for XP, Postgres+cygwin in Win 98
> 4. Use Postgres native for XP, Sqlite in in Win 98
>
> (4) is the most expensive (requires supporting 2 different dbmses)
>
> No ida, which is best from the remaining three.

You could also just make a live CD to boot the PCs using
some linux. Postgres isnt really a desktop database
so you might also consider building one special
CD with the database and 1-99 "client" CDs -
where you even have the choice to put the win98/xp/whatever
native applications if its desireable.

If you present it to customers, you can also put the
database on your notebook and just bring the clients
with you.