Re: db connection and script execution error

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: db connection and script execution error
Список pgsql-admin
On Fri, 2005-09-30 at 12:09, Tomeh, Husam wrote:
> 1. create db by using postgres manager Lite's create db wizard
>
> db name new_db / host : lost host/port: 5432/login: postgres
> when I tried to connect to this db I got FATAL error, ¡°database
> new_db doesn¡¯t exist."

Sounds like you created a database named something like:

MyDatabase

and are now referencing it as

mydatabase.

Make sure that whatever you call it in the creation wizard you call it
that later.  and you can save yourself a lot of little headaches by just
naming everything, everywhere in lower case.

> The above suggest that you haven't created your database (new_db) on
> the postgres server.
>
> ---
>
> 2. Then I registered new host on port 5433, tried to connect. I got
> follwing error, ¡°error connection to server, is the server running on
> host 127.0.0.1, and allow TCP/IP connection on port 5433?¡±
>
> The above error may be due to not setting up your pg_hba.conf
> correctly to accept TCP/IP connection from your PC. Or it there could
> be a firewall issue.

Note that you also have to edit postgresql.conf to get a database to
answer sometimes as well.