Re: perltidy version

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: perltidy version
Дата
Re: perltidy version  ("Tels" <nospam-pg-abuse@bloodgate.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Mon, Apr 23, 2018 at 12:40:00PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> writes:
>>> I still vote we use 20170521 which is recent enough that we won't have
>>> to change it in a few years.

> That's the version available on Debian sid, so from the prospective of
> any Debian user this is a handy version to use when sending patches:
> perltidy/unstable,now 20170521-1 all [installed]

I'm not hearing any objections or counterproposals, so let's go with
that version.

>>> I further vote that we change the URL in pgindent/README from
>>> sourceforge to metacpan.org,
>>> https://metacpan.org/pod/distribution/Perl-Tidy/lib/Perl/Tidy.pod

Agreed on pointing to cpan, but that page is pretty confusing if you're
looking for a non-bleeding-edge version.  I suggest linking to

https://cpan.metacpan.org/authors/id/S/SH/SHANCOCK/

which presents a handy directory listing.  Or we could just point to

https://cpan.metacpan.org/authors/id/S/SH/SHANCOCK/Perl-Tidy-20170521.tar.gz