Re: unused_oids script is broken with bsd sed

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: unused_oids script is broken with bsd sed
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 04/25/2018 10:55 AM, John Naylor wrote:
> On 4/25/18, Stas Kelvich <s.kelvich@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
>>> On 25 Apr 2018, at 17:18, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>>>  I think we should rewrite
>>> both of them to use the Catalog.pm infrastructure.
>> Okay, seems reasonable. I'll put shared code in Catalog.pm and
>> update patch.
> I don't think you need any new code in Catalog.pm, I believe the
> suggestion was just to use that module as a stable interface to the
> data. Looking at your patch, I'll mention that we have an idiom for
> extracting #define'd OID symbols, e.g.:
>
> my $FirstBootstrapObjectId = Catalog::FindDefinedSymbol(
>     'access/transam.h', \@include_path, 'FirstBootstrapObjectId');
>
> This is preferred over using awk, which would have its own portability
> issues (Windows for starters).
>
> While I'm thinking out loud, it might be worthwhile to patch genbki.pl
> for the duplicate test, since they're run at the same time anyway (see
> catalog/Makefile), and we've already read all the data.

The logic for getting the set of oids should be centralized, if not in
Catalog.pm then in a script which serves both for dup0licate_oids and
unused_oids.

Here is something I cobbled together for the latter approach. It could
probably improve by using Catalog::FindDefinedSymbol()

cheers

andrew

Вложения