Re: On hardcoded type aliases and typmod for user types

От Hannu Krosing
Тема Re: On hardcoded type aliases and typmod for user types
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On N, 2005-09-01 at 09:26 +0200, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 31, 2005 at 05:14:13PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > That strikes me as an unnecessary reduction in flexibility.  As long as
> > we make the hardwired type names translate to qualified names (same as
> > they do now) we don't have to assume any such thing.
>
> Ack, there's fortunatly only a handful of those.
>
> > The point about character sets is a bit distressing; here we are
> > designing a new general-purpose mechanism and we can already see
> > cases it doesn't handle.  Can we fix that?
>
> Err, well. My thought was a certain group of type-suffix options would
> be permitted (only zero or one at a time), for example:
>
>    WITH TIME ZONE
>    WITHOUT TIME ZONE
>    CHARACTER SET xxx
>
> And have the grammer accept these after any type.

Maybe make the last one "WITH CHARACTER SET xxx" and promote WITH to a
real keyword.

It seems a good idea to have WITH as a real keyword anyway, as at least
ANSI/ISO syntax for recursive queries seem to require it too.

--
Hannu Krosing <hannu@skype.net>

Сообщение: Re: On hardcoded type aliases and typmod for user types
Сообщение: Re: On hardcoded type aliases and typmod for user types