Re: out of memory error on a delete command

От Csaba Nagy
Тема Re: out of memory error on a delete command
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
OK, that might very well be a reason... is there a way to see what were
the error messages ? Are they accumulating at server side or on the JDBC
side ? If it's the JDBC side, is it reasonable maybe to just discard
error messages if they are too many, or truncate if it's too big, in
order to avoid this exception (which is not very helpful in itself...) ?

Thanks,
Csaba.

On Tue, 2005-07-12 at 21:43, Dave Cramer wrote:
> Looks like you received too many error messages
>
> Dave
> On 12-Jul-05, at 6:43 AM, Csaba Nagy wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I wonder what could cause such an exception (see below). I was
> > executing
> > a "DELETE FROM table_name" command on a table with a lot of records (~
> > 80 million). Now after the fact I realize I should have tried it in
> > psql
> > too to see if it fails there too, but I truncated the tables in the
> > meantime via "TRUNCATE". The only reason I tried to do it via
> > delete is
> > to see how many rows were deleted, but it looks like a bad idea...
> >
> > Any enlightening thoughts ?
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Csaba.
> >
> > The (partial) stack trace:
> >
> > org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: out of memory
> >         at
> > org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.receiveErrorResponse
> > (QueryExecutorImpl.java:1471)
> >         at
> > org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.processResults
> > (QueryExecutorImpl.java:1256)
> >         at
> > org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute
> > (QueryExecutorImpl.java:175)
> >         at
> > org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute
> > (AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:389)
> >         at
> > org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeWithFlags
> > (AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:314)
> >         at
> > org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeUpdate
> > (AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:264)
> > [... our classes follow]

> > TIP 5: don't forget to increase your free space map settings

Сообщение: Re: out of memory error on a delete command
Сообщение: Re: out of memory error on a delete command