Re: out of memory error on a delete command

От Csaba Nagy
Тема Re: out of memory error on a delete command
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
This is interesting... we actually do have a trigger on that table which
inserts a record in a kind of archive table for each deleted record. I
actually forgot about this, good that you reminded me :-)
But then the TRUNCATE worked fine, and the table was actually truncated,
and I'm sure the trigger didn't kick in at all. Is this something
unexpected ?
The trigger itself is a BEFORE DELETE ... FOR EACH ROW trigger, and it's
not deferred. I've checked the table too where the trigger inserts, and
it had indeed a few records, but not as many as the original table had.
That could though come from previous runs...

Thanks,
Csaba.