Starting postgres 8.0.3

От Peter Billen
Тема Starting postgres 8.0.3
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Hello all,

How can I start a postgres database in windows? The installation went fine (I
skipped/disabled the service part, as I don't want it to run everytime when
windows starts). I already tried calling "pg_ctl start -D c:/postgresdata/",
but it says:

Execution of PostgreSQL by a user with administrative permissions is not
permitted.
The server must be started under an unprivileged user ID to prevent
possible system security compromises.  See the documentation for
more information on how to properly start the server.

How can I add an admin? I can't find anything about that in the docs.

Thanks in advance,

--
Peter