Re: Create Database using JDBC

От Csaba Nagy
Тема Re: Create Database using JDBC
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hi all,

I'm not too knowledgeable about this matter, but wouldn't it work to
connect to another data base, not template1 ?
And make a policy not to connect to template1.
I guess it doesn't matter which data base are you connected to (except
that it must exist) when you create a new one. So just create a
"standard" data base which always exist, and connect to that one.

Cheers,
Csaba.

On Fri, 2005-07-01 at 12:26, Thomas Dudziak wrote:
> On 7/1/05, Nidhi Srivastava <nsrivastava@quark.com> wrote:
>
> > I wish to create a database if one doesn't exist using JDBC. I tried
> > connecting to template1 database and then issuing the "CREATE DATABASE test"
> > command but I get the following error :
> >
> >   ERROR:  CREATE DATABASE: source database "template1"
> > is being accessed by other users
> >
> > How do I resolve this? I'm using PostGreSQL8.0
>
> This should work (we're doing it exactly the same way). But there can
> only be one user connected at a time to the template database, it
> seems, at least when using the CREATE DATABASE command. Do you have
> the one of the PostgreSQL tools open, eg. pgAdmin ?
>
> Tom

> TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Сообщение: Re: Create Database using JDBC
Сообщение: Re: Create Database using JDBC