Re: Making the DB secure

От Karl O. Pinc
Тема Re: Making the DB secure
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 06/17/2005 07:49:07 AM, Együd Csaba wrote:
> Hi,
> we plan to make available our database from the internet (direct
> tcp/ip
> based connections). We want to make it as secure as possible. There
> are a
> few users who could access the database, but we want to block any
> other
> users to access.

Disclamer: Yup, the other responders are right. You don't want to
make a mistake with security.

Rather than put your database on the net you'd be much better served
by using a VPN.  IPSEC and OpenVPN come to mind.  At the
very least use a ssh tunnel.

You want security, use a tool designed to give you security.

Karl <kop@meme.com>
                  -- Robert A. Heinlein