Re: SQL logging (log_min_duration_statement) not working

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: SQL logging (log_min_duration_statement) not working
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, 2005-05-18 at 08:35, Pallav Kalva wrote:
> Hi Everybody,
>

>     I am having problems with logging long running SQL in the log file.
> I have set log_min_duration_statement = 5000 (5secs) and it is not
> logging sql statements that took over 5 secs and this is only from
> queries generated by Hibernate . here is a sample query from hibernate :

> select listingadd1_.addressid as col_0_0_
> from listing.listing listing0_, listing.address listingadd1_
> where ((select count(taxrolls2_.fkaddressid)
>        from listing.taxroll taxrolls2_
>        where listingadd1_.addressid=taxrolls2_.fkaddressid)=0 )
>        and(listing0_.fkbestaddressid=listingadd1_.addressid )
>        and(listing0_.entrydate>$1 )
> order by  listingadd1_.addressid asc
>
>   This above query take more than 5 secs to run and it wont get logged ,
> where as all other queries which are not generated by Hibernate are
> logged. Is this expected behavior ?  am I missing something else ?
> Please advice.

Are you sure it's taking more than 5 seconds to run, not that it's
taking <5 seconds to run and >5 seconds to return the data.  I'm pretty
sure the time it takes to ship out the data isn't counted in the time
used to decide whether to log the query or not by the postmaster.

I.e. what does explain analyze QUERY HERE say about the execution time?