Re: pgsql: Incorporate strerror_r() into src/port/snprintf.c, too.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql: Incorporate strerror_r() into src/port/snprintf.c, too.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
> Somehow, this is not working for me:

>   "_libintl_gettext", referenced from:
>       _pg_strerror_r in strerror.o
> make[4]: *** [../../../../src/Makefile.shlib:303: libpgtypes.3.12.dylib]
> Error 1

> It works if I don't use --enable-nls.

More context please?  I'm guessing this is on macOS?  Where did you get
libintl from?  Is it, as it looks, getting through libpq and failing in
ecpg?

My first bet would be that ecpg for some reason lacks needed NLS
infrastructure ... have we ever tried to internationalize it?
Right now might not be the best time to try --- perhaps the path
of least resistance is to defeat strerror.c's NLS support when
it's being compiled in ecpg.