Re: alter table owner doesn't update acl information

От Madeleine Theile
Тема Re: alter table owner doesn't update acl information
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> "Madeleine Theile" <madeleine.theile@cs.uni-dortmund.de> writes:
> > After I've dropped one of the superusers that created and thus
> > owns some of the views and reinstalled it again with a different usesysid
>
> So reinstall it with the same usesysid --- that's why the option exists
> to specify sysid in CREATE USER.
>
> There is work in progress that will disallow dropping a user that still
> owns any objects, but I am unsure if it will be done in time for 8.1.
>
>             regards, tom lane

Hi Tom,

then I got a follow-up question: dropping the database user was done for
a reason: I am building an application with web-frontend. The user
management/rights-management is done on the database basis. The user
only has views/rules to access the data. So a user get's dropped when
he's no longer allowed to log on.
In this case it should be possible to drop the user but as a solution
have an other user own the appropriate views when these are still
needed. Why should it be possible to do it like this? In my case: there
are several superusers and all superusers work on the same views.
Therefore the idea to have another superuser own these views.

OK, so we solved the problem with restoring the usesysid in case the
user gets recreated/reactivated.
But what if he doesn't? Then the only possibility is to drop all the
views and recreate them as another user in order to fix the issue with
the acl rights.
Is this really the intention?

Cheers,

Madeleine