Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add pages deleted from pending list to FSM

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add pages deleted from pending list to FSM
Дата
Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add pages deleted from pending list to FSM  (Teodor Sigaev <teodor@sigaev.ru>)
Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add pages deleted from pending list to FSM  (Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
[ moving thread to -hackers ]

Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com> writes:
> So autoanalyze still doesn't call IndexFreeSpaceMapVacuum().
> That is, only backend can clean the list in INSERT-only workload.
> I don't think that this is desirable. Because the backend will
> periodically take a big performance penalty.

> So I'm thinking that even autoanalyze should call IndexFreeSpaceMapVacuum()
> to clean the list in a background, in order to avoid such spikes in
> INSERT response time. Thought?

It seems quite bizarre for auto-analyze to do that.  auto-vacuum, sure,
but I do not think this should get plugged into ANALYZE.

Maybe we need to rethink the rules for what is autovacuum vs. autoanalyze,
or come up with some third thing that the autovac daemon does for indexes.

Сообщение: Re: row_security GUC, BYPASSRLS
Сообщение: Re: row_security GUC, BYPASSRLS