Re: initdb - (InitPostgres) - FATAL: database "postgres" does not exist

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: initdb - (InitPostgres) - FATAL: database "postgres" does not exist
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Seamus Ryan <ryan@post.queensu.ca> writes:
> Note in the initdb script I altered the call to postgres to turn on debug:

Hmmm ....

> Any hints on why InitPostgres is not finding database "postgres"?

Because there isn't one --- at that point in the process, only database
template1 will exist.

The postgres invocation at that step of initdb looks just about the
same as the previous ones:

"$PGPATH"/postgres $PGSQL_OPT template1 >/dev/null <<EOF

and it should certainly go to template1 rather than defaulting to $USER.
I suspect that you messed this command up somehow while hand-modifying
the script.