Re: Opteron vs Xeon (Was: What to do with 6 disks?)

От: Rod Taylor
Тема: Re: Opteron vs Xeon (Was: What to do with 6 disks?)
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Re: Opteron vs Xeon (Was: What to do with 6 disks?)  ("Anjan Dave", )
 Re: Opteron vs Xeon (Was: What to do with 6 disks?)  (Bruce Momjian, )
  Re: Opteron vs Xeon (Was: What to do with 6 disks?)  (Christian Sander Røsnes, )
  Re: Opteron vs Xeon  (Christopher Browne, )
 Re: Opteron vs Xeon (Was: What to do with 6 disks?)  (Josh Berkus, )
  Re: Opteron vs Xeon (Was: What to do with 6 disks?)  (Rod Taylor, )
  Re: Opteron vs Xeon (Was: What to do with 6 disks?)  (Greg Stark, )
 Re: Opteron vs Xeon (Was: What to do with 6 disks?)  (Mike Rylander, )

> The HPs are at root pretty good machines -- and take 6 drives, so I expect
> you're mixed up there.  However, they use HP's proprietary RAID controller
> which is seriously defective.   So you need to factor replacing the RAID
> controller into the cost.

Do you have any additional materials on what is defective with their
raid controllers?