Re: getting count for a specific querry

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: getting count for a specific querry
Re: getting count for a specific querry  (Vivek Khera <vivek@khera.org>)
Список pgsql-sql
On Fri, 2005-04-08 at 15:41, Vivek Khera wrote:
> On Apr 8, 2005, at 4:35 PM, Bob Henkel wrote:
>
> > desktop SATA drive with no RAID? I'm by any means as knowledgeable
> > about I/O
> > setup as many of you are but my 2 cents wonders if the Dell RAID is
> > really
> > that much slower than a competitively priced/speced alternative? Would
> > Joel's problems just fade away if he wasn't using a Dell RAID?
> >

> "Dell RAID" is not one thing.  They sell "altered" RAID cards from
> Adaptec and LSI.  Whatever alteration they do to them tends to make
> them run not so fast.
>
> I have a Dell SATA RAID (adaptec based) on the office server and it is
> OK, though not something I'd buy again.
>
> I have various PERC 3 and PERC 4 RAID controllers on my servers (SCSI
> based) and they suck under heavy I/O load.
>
> I wonder why the name-brand LSI cards work so much faster... perhaps it
> is the motherboard?  I don't know, and I don't care... :-)  For me,
> high performance DB and Dell servers are mutually exclusive.

It would  be nice to be able to put a stock ami megaraid in one and see.

Do you run your 2650s with hyperthreading on?  I found that slowed mine
down under load, but we never had more than a couple dozen users hitting
the db at once, so we may well have had a different load profile than
what you're seeing.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: getting count for a specific querry
Сообщение: Re: getting count for a specific querry