grant with pl/pgsql script

От Fred Blaise
Тема grant with pl/pgsql script
Список pgsql-admin
Hello all

I am trying to grant privs to a user on all tables. I think I understood
there was no command to do that.... :// so I wrote the following:

create or replace function granting() RETURNS integer AS '
declare
        v_schema varchar;
        v_user varchar;
begin
        v_user := "user"
        v_schema := "public"
        FOR t in select tablename from pg_tables where schemaname =
v_schema
        LOOP
                grant select on t to v_user;
        END LOOP;
        return 1;
end;
' LANGUAGE plpgsql;

I then login to psql, and do a \i myscript.sql. It returns CREATE
FUNCTION, but I cannot see anything. The tables are not granted, etc...
Also I am trying to find out how to debug this. How can I print out to
STDOUT the value of t for example?

Thanks for any help

Best,

fred