Re: BUG #16854: initdb fails on ReFS and FAT32 file systems

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #16854: initdb fails on ReFS and FAT32 file systems
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
"Euler Taveira" <euler@eulerto.com> writes:
> On Fri, Feb 5, 2021, at 12:26 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> ReFS is Microsoft's latest and greatest attempt at implementing a modern
>> file system.  I'd quantify the greatness pretty poorly if they left out
>> hard links (I wonder what other essentials they didn't bother with)
>> but maybe we have to support it.

> It claims that the latest ReFS version (3.5) supports hard links [1].

Hmm, what [1] actually says about that is

   Version ReFS 3.5 formatted by Windows 10 Enterprise Insider Preview
   build 19536. Added hardlink support if fresh formatted volume. Can't
   use hardlink if upgraded from previous version

so it's not exactly mainstream yet.

But given that, I'm content to say "you can use ReFS if you have
a version that supports hard links".  We don't need to support
work-in-progress filesystems.