Re: Error when trying to do a recovery

От Warren Little
Тема Re: Error when trying to do a recovery
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Tom,
Thanks for your response.  I found an old thread you had responded to a while back
regarding 32 vs 64 bit architectures (which I have) and compatibility issues.
So until I upgrade my backup/test box looks like I'm stuck using pg_dump :(

Thanks

Warren Little <warren.little@meridiascapital.com> writes:
> When I start postgres (pg_ctl -l logfile start). The following text is
> all that exists in the logfile:

> <2005-03-01 14:21:43 MST>FATAL:  incorrect checksum in control file

> What control file is it referring to?

$PGDATA/global/pg_control.  I think this must mean that you are trying
to start a postmaster that is fundamentally incompatible with the old
postmaster --- enough so that it thinks the pg_control struct should be
a different size than the old postmaster thought.