Re: tsearch2 install on Fedora Core 5 problems

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: tsearch2 install on Fedora Core 5 problems
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Satch Jones" <satchinsb@gmail.com> writes:
> Hello - I can't get tsearch2 running in a long-functioning instance of
> PostgreSQL 8.1.9 on Fedora Core 5, and could use some help.

Rather than trying to compile it yourself, why don't you just install
the postgresql-contrib RPM that goes with the postgresql version you're
using?

> When I place the tsearch2 source files under the contrib folder in a
> standard Fedora Core 5 postgres install (/usr/share/pgsql/contrib) and run
> make, I get the following

That's not going to work --- they expect to be in a configured source
tree.

[ thinks... ]  Actually, it looks like this would work in 8.1:
    make USE_PGXS=1 all install
but I still wonder why you'd want to compile from source when you're
using an RPM distribution.