tsearch2 install on Fedora Core 5 problems

От Satch Jones
Тема tsearch2 install on Fedora Core 5 problems
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Hello - I can't get tsearch2 running in a long-functioning instance of PostgreSQL 8.1.9 on Fedora Core 5, and could use some help.

When I place the tsearch2 source files under the contrib folder in a standard Fedora Core 5 postgres install (/usr/share/pgsql/contrib) and run make, I get the following

# make

Makefile:33: ../../src/Makefile.global: No such file or directory

Makefile:34: /contrib/contrib-global.mk: No such file or directory

make: *** No rule to make target `/contrib/contrib-global.mk'.  Stop.

I changed the top_builddir location in Makefile from ../.. to the standard Fedora location for the Makefile.global file (usr/lib/pgsql/pgxs), then run make again:

# make

Makefile:33: /usr/lib/pgsql/pgxs/contrib/contrib-global.mk: No such file or directory

make: *** No rule to make target `/usr/lib/pgsql/pgxs/contrib/contrib-global.mk'.  Stop.

I searched for 'contrib-global.mk' and it's nowhere on the system. I'm stumped, and have spent half a day trying various things. I’d like to avoid doing a fresh PostgreSQL install from source, with all the migration issues that implies.

Come to find out, postgresql is installed in Fedora according to the elaborate directory structure below, which varies from locations described in PostgreSQL documentation, as described in:

            http://pgfoundry.org/docman/view.php/1000048/1338/PostgreSQL-RPM-Installation-PGDG.pdf

any ideas welcome..

Fedora PostgreSQL locations:

Executables

/usr/bin

Libraries

/usr/lib

Documentation

/usr/share/doc/postgresqlx.y.z  /usr/share/doc/postgresqlx.y.z/contrib

Contrib

/usr/share/pgsql/contrib

Data

/var/lib/pgsql/data

Backup area

/var/lib/pgsql/backup

Templates

/usr/share/pgsql

Procedural Languages

/usr/lib/pgsql

Development Headers

/usr/include/pgsql

Other shared data

/usr/share/pgsql

Regression tests

/usr/lib/pgsql/test/regress (in the -test package)

Executables /usr/bin

Documentation SGML

/usr/share/doc/postgresqldocsx.y.z