Re: New site - minor problem

От John Hansen
Тема Re: New site - minor problem
Список pgsql-www
> > Having read the thread, I'm still unclear as to what the
> > problem really is.
>
> The problem is that we go to great lengths to mirror the site and
> minimise the points of failure, and then add code in that forces all
> selection of those mirrors downloads of our software through 1 database
> dependent script that provides very little benefit to the end user.

Maxminds API's are not nescessarily database dependant. I even think
they have an apache module. If not, writing one would be trivial.

However all these solutions would require mirrors to install the modules
on their servers no? or are we generating the mirror selection pages
statically, customised to the mirror region? if so, what exactly would
the ip2country modules be used for?

Sorry if I sound a bit lost... :)

... John