PostGreSQL upgrade failed (Debian Packages), need advice...

От Eric D Nielsen
Тема PostGreSQL upgrade failed (Debian Packages), need advice...
Дата
Re: PostGreSQL upgrade failed (Debian Packages), need advice...  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-general
This message is in MIME format.

---MOQ1101310591fcc296d4089adf10616d140df3d0355f

I recently tried to upgrade from the 7.2.1 PostGreSQL package on Debian Stable
to the 7.4.6 PostGreSQL package on Debian Testing.  The automatic update
failed, message included below.  The documentation for manual upgrades
references a script which does not appear to exist (postgresql-dump) in the
postgres/dumpall/7.2/ directoty.

Can anyone advise me of how to proceed?  I would prefer to stick with the
Debian
packages, but if I must can deal with compiling from source for intermediate
versions, etc.

Thank you.

Eric Nielsen

----- Begin script output
The postmaster did not start after postgresql was installed:

Stopping PostgreSQL database server: postmasterpg_ctl: could not find
/var/lib/postgres/data/postmaster.pid
Is postmaster running?
---MOQ1101310591fcc296d4089adf10616d140df3d0355f--