Re: evil characters #bfef cause dump failure

От Markus Bertheau
Тема Re: evil characters #bfef cause dump failure
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
В Пнд, 15/11/2004 в 16:00 -0500, Tom Lane пишет:

> The real problem is that you've got invalid unicode data in the database
> (I'm not an expert, but I think that #bf is a 1-byte UTF8 sequence and
> then #ef starts a 3-byte sequence, so if this comes within 2 characters
> of end-of-line that would explain your dump problem).

FWIW, 1-byte UTF-8 sequences are always < 128. BF can only appear
inside, not at the beginning of, a UTF-8 byte sequence with more than 1
byte.

Compare

http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/unicode.html#utf-8

It has a table that gives anyone who can tell bits from bytes a quick
understanding of how the UTF-8 encoding works.

--
Markus Bertheau <twanger@bluetwanger.de>

Сообщение: Re: evil characters #bfef cause dump failure
Сообщение: Re: evil characters #bfef cause dump failure