Re: [HACKERS] Re: SQL compliance - why -- comments only at psql level ?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: SQL compliance - why -- comments only at psql level ?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Yuck. They *were* talking about InterBase, but you're right!

> Didn't realize that scan.l had lost (or never did have) the right
> stuff. Will be fixed before we're out of beta...

I've griped about these boundary conditions before, actually ---
although scan.l does the right thing most of the time with comments,
it has problems if a -- comment is terminated with \r instead of \n
(hence gripes from Windows users), and it also has problems if a --
comment is not terminated with \n before the end of the buffer.

There are some other cases where \r is not taken as equivalent
to \n, also.

Am testing a fix now.