Re: dump contents & missing functions

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: dump contents & missing functions
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Kris Kiger <kris@musicrebellion.com> writes:
> This whole issue arose when I set a default in a table row equal to a
> value that a plpgsql function returns (ie the table default =
> functionname(variable)).  However, after exploration of the dump files,
> it appears that pg_restore tries to restore the tables before it
> restores functions...hence I get an error upon restore of the original
> dump, because the function does not yet exist.  Does anyone know if the
> ordering of the restore is in fact the problem?  Any input is appreciated!

pg_restore has facilities for telling it to restore the dump contents in
a particular order (basically, get a table-of-contents listing and then
edit the listing).  I don't think it works to hack the tar file
directly.

Also you could try using development tip pg_dump, which should get the
dump order right to begin with.  AFAIK it will work okay with a 7.4
server.