Re: Networking feature for postgresql...

От Katsaros Kwn/nos
Тема Re: Networking feature for postgresql...
Список pgsql-general
Hi again,

Having taken a look at the dblink code I have some questions:

Having a user defined function, is it possible -with no serious memory
overheads- to fork it (outside SPI calls code) in order to make
concurrent dblink calls? What I'm thinking of doing is to create a
function which opens an SPI session, creates some objects (Query nodes),
closes it and then forks as many times as the number of required dblink
calls (having available the appropriate Query node, something like
for(all nodes) fork();...).

My guess is that it is possible cause the backend calls for dblink are
done on the other side (when speaking for Select statements
only).However the returned tuples can only be merged (to produce the
final result) in main memory cause storing them first (e.g. temp table)
would  need concurrent SPI calls.Am I right? If so is there any
mechanism that can multiplex this storing procedures?

On the other side, I suppose a server can serve multiple incoming
queries.

Regards,
Ntinos Katsaros