Re: Networking feature for postgresql...

От Katsaros Kwn/nos
Тема Re: Networking feature for postgresql...
Список pgsql-general
Well, actually no :) ! Thanks for the hint!

But just from curiosity, would the scenario I described work?
I mean is it possible for an SPI process to run in the background while
other SPI calls are made?

Ntinos Katsaros

On Thu, 2004-10-14 at 11:15, Richard Huxton wrote:
> Katsaros Kwn/nos wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to add a -project specific- networking feature to my postgres
> > build (or database as function). What I want to do is to send a Query
> > instance (as a String-retrieved through an SPI function) to other
> > machines and (after they have executed it) to receive result tuples.
> > It's about a mediator-wrapper project. My first thought was to write 2
> > SPI functions (one for the server (concurrent) and the other for client)
> > but I'm not sure if this is going to work. I'm worried about setting up
> > the server process running on the background while other SPI calls are
> > made.
>
> Have you looked at the dblink code?

Сообщение: Re: Networking feature for postgresql...
Сообщение: Re: Networking feature for postgresql...