pgadmin3 beta2 connect to 7.3.4 server

От Tim Booth
Тема pgadmin3 beta2 connect to 7.3.4 server
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi,

I'm trying to run pgadmin3 on a machine which has client libraries for
PG 7.4.x installed (a Debian unstable box) but want to connect to a
RedHat 9 box, which runs PG 7.3.x.  Bad things start happening (ie
complete GUI freeze requiring kill -TERM when I try look at a table I
don't have SELECT permissions on).

So before I waste too much time fiddling I'd just like to ask:

- Is PG 7.3 supported at all, and if so should I be able to connect from
a box with the 7.4 client libs?
- If not, is it possible to add a check for a valid server version
rather than allowing connections then allowing things to blow up?
- If 7.3 should be supported let me know and I will try to send a real
bug report with test cases.

Sorry if the version compatibility is already listed somewhere - maybe I
missed it.

Thanks,

TIM