Re: PLEASE GOD HELP US!

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: PLEASE GOD HELP US!
Список pgsql-admin
On Fri, 2004-10-01 at 14:26, Shane | SkinnyCorp wrote:
> Okay, just so no one posts about this again...
>
> the 'ORDER BY t.status=5,lastreply' clause is meant to float the threads
> with a status of '5' to the top of the list... it is NOT meant to only grab
> threads where the status = 5.  Oh and believe me, when I take this out of
> the query, it CERTAINLY doesn't add any more than possible 1/4 of a
> millesecond to the speed of the SELECT statement.

Wouldn't this work just as well?

SELECT * FROM thread_listing AS t ORDER BY t.status
DESC,t.lastreply desc LIMIT 25 OFFSET 0

Assuming 5 is the highest number.  If not, a where clause entry might
make sense.

SELECT * FROM thread_listing AS t
WHERE t.status <= 5
ORDER BY t.status
DESC,t.lastreply desc LIMIT 25 OFFSET 0

Or is the data set put together some weird way that makes that
impossible?