Re: source documentation tool doxygen

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: source documentation tool doxygen
Дата
Re: source documentation tool doxygen  (Jonathan Gardner <jgardner@jonathangardner.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com> writes:
> I don't think it would be all that painful. There would be no need to
> convert the entire source tree to use proper Doxygen-style comments in
> one fell swoop: individual files and modules can be converted whenever
> anyone gets the inclination to do so. I don't think the maintenance
> burden would be very substantial, either.

In the previous go-round on this topic, I seem to recall some concern
about side-effects, to wit reducing the readability of the comments for
ordinary non-doxygen code browsing.  I'd be quite against taking any
noticeable hit in that direction.

A quick look through the doxygen manual doesn't make it sound too
invasive, but I am worried about how well it will coexist with pgindent.
It seems both tools think they can dictate the meaning of the characters
immediately after /* of a comment block.