Re: restricting non superuser from accessing other

От Oliver Elphick
Тема Re: restricting non superuser from accessing other
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 2004-09-07 at 11:28, David Garamond wrote:
> I am setting up a single PostgreSQL installation to be used by several
> users. Can I restrict a database user from connecting and creating
> objects in other databases but his/her own? So far I can only restrict a
> user from creating more databases or users.
>
> (Yes, I have set up a proper pg_hba.conf, but once a user is connected,
> he can switch to another database, e.g. with "\c otherdb" in psql).

Not unless pg_hba.conf allows it.  You could set up explicit
database/user combinations there.

Another thing you can do is to delete the public schema in new
databases.  The public schema is, by default, accessible to all users;
other schemas are accessible only to their creators unless permissions
are granted on them.

     "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord
      shall be saved."         Romans 10:13