DROPped database doesn't go away Postgres7.4

От Joseph Sadove
Тема DROPped database doesn't go away Postgres7.4
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hello All,

I cannot “re-create” a database properly.

I did a dump all of one database that runs on production.

I copied the dmp file to dev environment, DROPped the existing database, CREATEd
the database anew and then ran the dump in psql to recreate the database.

The database (and/or db server) seems all scrambled now.

The new database seems unchanged from the one I DROPped.

When I DROP it again and just re- CREATE it, without doing anything, all the
schemas and objects are there as if I never dropped it.

After I DROP the database, I check that it is indeed gone by trying to psql to
it. An error comes telling me the DB doesn’t exist.

This is extremely bizarre. Any help is vastly appreciated.

Thanks, Joe

The environment, etc. is:
RedHat ES3 (kernel 2.4.21)
Postgres 7.4.2-1 unclustered