Re: Compiling Postgresql 8.0.3 on Solaris 10

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Compiling Postgresql 8.0.3 on Solaris 10
Дата
Re: Compiling Postgresql 8.0.3 on Solaris 10  (Aly Dharshi <aly.dharshi@telus.net>)
Список pgsql-general
Aly Dharshi <aly.dharshi@telus.net> writes:
> alias ls='colorls -al'
> alias rm='rm -i'

> I don't see any aliases that are going to break the compile process.

I beg to differ --- I think the ones quoted above match your symptoms
pretty well.  So the question is: why are they getting used in a
noninteractive script?

My bet is that you've defined these aliases in the wrong place.
I'm not sure about Solaris, but on Linux one conventionally puts
aliases like these in ~/.bashrc, which I think is not read by
plain sh.  If you've put them in ~/.profile they are very likely
to break shell scripts.