corrupt DB recovery

От Drew Whittle
Тема corrupt DB recovery
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi Folks,

One of our production db's went down the other day, I have restored it
from backup to another server and now I am attempting to recover as much
of the data that was entered since the last backup.

Anyway, if I attempt to connect to the DB using psql I get the old
missing pg_clog entry error, in an attempt to fix that I created a 256k
0 filled file of the correct name.

The next attempt to connect via psql gets me a "no pg_class entry for
pg_proc" error.

If I start the db up in standalone mode the above error comes up and the
db immediately shuts down again.

I have attempted to scan across the data files for this db with
pg_filedump and it is not reporting any corrupted blocks. (but I'm not
sure I was doing it correctly)

I have two other db's that are 100% identical in everything but name and
data. (ie same structure etc), is it possible to use one of that data
files in them to over write the buggered file and fix the pg_proc error?
(and if so, is there an easy way to figure out which one, ie is pg_class
always in the 1249 data file?)

Any other suggestions that might get the data back or should I just
forget it and tell them to key it again?

Thx,

Drew