Re: Replication options?

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Replication options?
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 2004-08-10 at 16:53, Liam Lesboch wrote:
> Thes slashdots post today about the beta releases of 8.0 caught the
> attention of my boss and I. Many comments about the replicator issue and saw
> many posts about Slony-I in particular. Maybe this is the only viable option
> in PostgreSQL? There are others that cost money but no where did we surface
> a article that spoke of them in any form of critique or tutorial (good or
> bad) and thats a concern for my boss. What large companies use replicators
> for PostgreSQL?

Back in the days of 6.5.3 when we were looking at using it at the last
company I was at, I built my own test suite to make sure postgresql
could handle the load we were going to throw at it.

No matter what the guys in the nice suits from big companies tell you to
sell their product, you owe it to yourself and your company to prove /
disprove the THEORY that a particular piece of software will do what you
need.

Who knows, maybe you could be the one writing the article on Slony-I
that someone else reads before they try it.