Re: [HACKERS] connect to 7.5 devel(win32) failed

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: [HACKERS] connect to 7.5 devel(win32) failed
Список pgsql-admin
Moving the -admin, please don't reply to -hackers on this.

On Fri, 2004-07-30 at 00:04, Coloring Graph wrote:
> I am has some trouble when connect to 7.5 devel PostgreSQL server,
> see belows
>
> my setup:
> =======================
> os=Windows2000
> server version=the non-MSI snapshot at
> http://www.hagander.net/pgsql/win32snap/ has been "downgraded" to the
> latest known working snapshot
> path=c:\postgres\bin;c:\postgres\lib
> pgdata=c:\postgres\data
> TZ=CST
>

> note:
> ======================
> I has NO modify the configure file generated by initdb,
> and has NO firewall installed in my server
>

> cmd to run postmaster(run as postgre user):
> ======================
> postmaster -D "C:/postgres/data"
>

> result1: some lines of the log(postmaster)
> =======================
> LOG: select() failed in statistics buffer: 在一个非套接字上尝试了一个操作
> LOG: statistics collector process (PID 1876) was terminated by signal
> 1
> result2:
> =======================
> When I use pgAdmin III to connect the PostgreSQL server,
> a error is returned:

Is pgadminIII using local domain sockets or TCP/IP sockets?  Out of the
box pgsql usually just answers local domain sockets, and I don't have a
clue what windows supports in that way, etc...  Since local domain
sockets only work for processes on the same machine, this means that,
after initial install, postgresql is not visible on anything other than
the box it's installed on.

You'll need to edit pg_hba.conf to give other machines permission to
authenticate, as well as postgresql.conf to accept tcpip connections,
then restart the server.

Learning to admin on a pre-beta 1st port of windows could be a bit of
work, so hang in there.  These questions should probably go on -general
or -admin first.