Re: execute user-defined BKI

От Howard Bagcat
Тема Re: execute user-defined BKI
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Quoting Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>:

> > How can I execute my BKI script?
>
> I suggest that you don't, and you explain us your problem from in more
> general terms.

Thanks for the reply.

My problem was I can not get into any of my local databases, including template1. Postmaster keeps on saying, "Fatal:
InvalidUser
ID:0". The error was really surprising to me since I've been connecting to this sql server last day using the same
username
without errors. It seems to me that postmaster bar me from getting into any of the database and template1 because
possiblythere
were no username in pg_shadow to authenticate to. Another strange thing, if indeed my analysis that pg_shadow was
corruptedthen
why is it that postmaster started without problems. That's the story why I end up thinking of using BKI in order to
possibly
manipulate pg_shadow.

As of writing this, I tried running postgres in stand-alone mode using the following:

$ postgres -D /usr/share/postgresql/data template1

And successfully, I get in. Now I tried executing "SELECT * FROM pg_shadow", and my analysis was right what I have was
arow field
with empty values. I just added a new user called "postgres". So what I have in pg_shadow are:

template1=# SELECT * FROM pg_shadow;
  usename  | usesysid | usecreatedb | usesuper | usecatupd | passwd |     valuntil     | useconfig
-------------+-----------+--------------+------------+-----------+----------+----------------+-----------

postgres    |       1      |         t         |       t       |       t       |             | 00:00:00+08 |

(2 rows)

Now, my problem pg_dump and pg_dumpall displayed a lot of WARNING messages, like:

"pg_dump: WARNING: owner of table "triggers" appears to be invalid."

For your information,

Please do share your ideas. Thank You.

Kumusta, Howard

E-Sulat v.0.0.1 ( Manna )