Re: [HACKERS] Point in Time Recovery

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Point in Time Recovery
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Thu, 2004-07-15 at 02:43, Mark Kirkwood wrote:
> I noticed that compiling with 5_1 patch applied fails due to
> XLOG_archive_dir being removed from xlog.c , but
> src/backend/commands/tablecmds.c still uses it.
>
> I did the following to tablecmds.c :
>
> 5408c5408
> <               extern char XLOG_archive_dir[];
> ---
>  >               extern char *XLogArchiveDest;
> 5410c5410
> <               use_wal = XLOG_archive_dir[0] && !rel->rd_istemp;
> ---
>  >               use_wal = XLogArchiveDest[0] && !rel->rd_istemp;

Yes, I discovered that myself.

The fix is included in pitr_v5_2.patch...

Your patch follows the right thinking and looks like it would have
worked...
- XLogArchiveMode carries the main bool value for mode on/off
- XLogArchiveDest might also be used, though best to use the mode

Thanks for looking through the code...

Best Regards, Simon Riggs