Re: URGENT : StreamServerPort: bind() failed: Cannot

От mike g
Тема Re: URGENT : StreamServerPort: bind() failed: Cannot
Re: URGENT : StreamServerPort: bind() failed: Cannotassign requested address  ("Siddharth Rath (sirath)" <sirath@cisco.com>)
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,

I believe a fast shutdown prevents new connections to the db, sends
termination signals to any applications with current connections, and
then after it receives confirmation that those applications have aborted
their transactions and closed their connections the db stops.

It sounds like your application is either not responding to or
confirming the shutdown request from the db.

The details in that archive were trying to explain how to find which
process / application are still connected to the db after the fast
shutdown attempted to terminate them.

Without root access though maybe you aren't able to see which process is
still attached to the db?

Try doing a ps -A and see if the postmaster is still showing up in the
process list.  If it is then you know for sure that the db is not truly
shutdown.

On Thu, 2004-06-03 at 21:22, Siddharth Rath (sirath) wrote:
> Hi,
> I've an application running on RedHat Linux and we are using Postgres as our DB. Initially the DB was running
perfectlybut due to
> some requirement we stopped the DB with " pg_ctl stop -m 'fast' " command. When I tried to restart the DB/Postmaster
itsays :

> StreamServerPort: bind() failed: Cannot assign requested address
>         Is another postmaster already running on port 5432?
>         If not, wait a few seconds and retry.
>  cannot create INET stream port
>
> Since I don't have root access , I took the help of the Sysadmin to reboot the system and the DB server(POSTGRES)
startedcorrectly
> , but when I stopped the DB server with above mentioned command and started again it throws back the same old error.
Isthere anyway