Re: readline library not found

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: readline library not found
Дата
Список pgsql-general
zhong ming wu <mr.z.m.wu@gmail.com> writes:
> I need to build a postgres on a linux machine that I don't have root access.
> I built readline from source and installed it with prefix of /home/me/local

If you don't have root you're going to be in for a lot of pain here.
Linux is not designed to be friendly to libraries that aren't installed
in the path defined by /etc/ld.so.conf.  Can't you just install readline
as prepackaged by your distro?

> Now if this solution works for zlib why is it not working for readline?

It isn't working for zlib either ... if you look closely, I'll bet lunch
you find you're linking to the standard copy of zlib.