Re: replication modules on postgres

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: replication modules on postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org> writes:
> On Mon, 2 Aug 2004, chinni wrote:
>> Is the core Postgres team thinking of providing such an API?

> the only worry I'd have is a new one
> coming along that needs to plug in at a different point in the server ...

That would be the major worry I'd have.  AFAICS the requirements for
different forms of replication are so different that a "one size fits
all" API seems impossible.  Perhaps an API that would allow plugging in
Postgres-R could be made, but I doubt it would be useful for anything
very much different from Postgres-R.

If you think you can define such an API, though, let's see a sketch ...