Re: How to Declare Functions Containing OUT PArameters?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: How to Declare Functions Containing OUT PArameters?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> On Wed, 2010-07-14 at 12:21 -0600, Bill Thoen wrote:
>> I'm having some difficulty getting plpgsql to recognize a function with
>> a couple of OUT parameters.

>> psql:ex_out_fail.sql:28: ERROR:  function fishy(text, text, integer,
>> real) does not exist

> You are passing four IN paramaters. The out paramaters are used in
> return are they not?

You'd need to do something like

SELECT * INTO num, fnum FROM fishy(str1, str2) ;

OUT parameters in PG are just syntactic sugar for defining a
record-returning function.  The call syntax still works as if you'd
written CREATE FUNCTION foo (IN-parameters-only) RETURNS some-record-type.