Re: Settings for autovacuum for batch uploading of data?

От Matthew T. O'Connor
Тема Re: Settings for autovacuum for batch uploading of data?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
More important than sleep value is the vacuum threshold.  If for example
you are expecting to import 5000 rows of data, you can tell
pg_autovacuum to vacuum after every 5000 changes with like

pg_autovacuum -v 5000 -V 0

Matthew

On Wed, 2004-05-19 at 17:09, Carlos wrote:
> Hello Forum,
>
> I would appreciate it if you could recommend settings to use
> auto-vacuum in my version 7.4 database.  I am uploading several
> thousands records in the database at a rate of ~1 second per record
> (the data is uploading from a different server).  I have noticed that
> the performance of the uploading is improved if I vacuum the database
> every so often so I decided to take advantage of auto-vacuuming to
> maintain the best performance.  Since I am uploading several thousands
> records, I set autovacuum to 50 minutes with –s 3000 in the hope that
> a great deal of data would be committed before a regular vacuum would
> take place and that vacuuming would interfere the least possible with
> the uploading.
>

> Thanks in advance for your recommendations.

Сообщение: Re: Unresponsive vacuum process