Re: VACUUM FULL out of memory

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: VACUUM FULL out of memory
Дата
Re: VACUUM FULL out of memory  (Michael Akinde <michael.akinde@met.no>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Andrew Sullivan <ajs@crankycanuck.ca> writes:
> On Tue, Jan 08, 2008 at 05:27:16PM +0100, Michael Akinde wrote:
>> Those are the ulimits of the db_admin account (i.e., the user that set
>> up and runs the DB processes). Is Postgres limited by other settings?

> Are you sure?

> On one system I used many years ago, /bin/sh wasn't what I thought it was,
> and so the ulimit that I got when logged in was not what the postmaster was
> starting under.  Took me many days to figure out what was up.

The only thing I find convincing is to insert "ulimit -a >someplace"
into the script that starts the postmaster, adjacent to where it does
so, and then reboot.  There are too many systems on which daemons are
launched under settings different from what interactive shells use
(a policy that's often a good one, too).

Сообщение: Re: 8.3.0 release schedule (Was:Re: [BUGS] BUG #3852: Could not create complex aggregate)
Сообщение: Re: 8.3.0 release schedule (Was:Re: [BUGS] BUG #3852: Could not create complex aggregate)