Re: create tablespaces and users

От Pepe TD Vo
Тема Re: create tablespaces and users
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
yes, we want to migrate oracle to postgres with a new name of database in postgres and keep all the schemas/triggers as same as oracle, not migrate oracle to postgres using the default postgres database.

Do I need to build a new database name with all the tablespaces?

CREATE TABLESPACE cidr_data LOCATION '/ssd1/postgresql/data';
REATE TABLESPACE cidr_data LOCATION '/ssd1/postgresql/data';
CREATE DATABASE "CIDR"
    WITH
    OWNER = "PSmasteruser"
    ENCODING = 'UTF8'
    LC_COLLATE = 'en_US.UTF-8'
    LC_CTYPE = 'en_US.UTF-8'
    TABLESPACE = cidr_data
    CONNECTION LIMIT = -1;

you can keep the  schema / trigger same as oracle or transfer data in different schema by creating new as per your requirement whereas the public is the default schema in PostgreSQL.

Bach-Nga

No one in this world is pure and perfect.  If you avoid people for their mistakes you will be alone. So judge less, love and forgive more.
To call him a dog hardly seems to do him justice though in as much as he had four legs, a tail, and barked, I admit he was, to all outward appearances. But to those who knew him well, he was a perfect gentleman (Hermione Gingold)

**Live simply **Love generously **Care deeply **Speak kindly.
*** Genuinely rich *** Faithful talent *** Sharing success

Are you talking about migration..?? If yes, you can keep the  schema / trigger same as oracle or transfer data in different schema by creating new as per your requirement whereas the public is the default schema in PostgreSQL.

Thanks & Regards,
Shreeyansh DBA Team
www.shreeyansh.com