Anyone using pgreplicator?

От Alan Graham
Тема Anyone using pgreplicator?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Apologies if this is off topic, but I've tried the pgreplicator forums,
and they appear to be dormant.  I've also tried the general list..

I'm trying to get a multi master replication app running,  I thought I
was doing well, I've got past all of the problems mentioned on the
pgreplicator forums and (checking the archives) on this list, ie, tcl
installed ok, script changes for postgresql 7.3.4 in, communications
using scp as user replicator working...  Everything in fact works.
Except that it doesn't actually replicate.  When I synchronise. I can
see the traffic going between the sites.  I can see the record being
replicated appearing on the flow table,  I can see it on the history
file on both the source and the destination, so it's reaching the
destination.  There is no sign of any error in any of the pgreplicator
logs or the system logs.  I've even started postgresql in debug log mode
and tailed the log while started the replicator on the remote site.  I
see the communications come in, and see the commands being entered.  But
the data isn't being changed on the destination.

Any pgreplicator users out there seen this sort of thing before?

Any suggestions as to debug options, extra logging, etc, I can try?

I thought it might be a permissions issue, but all users have full
access.  The replicator user can make the changes by submitting an SQL
update.  pgreplicator has a 'rejected sql' log file, but that's empty.
I'm at my wits end...

Regards
--
Alan Graham <alan.graham@infonetsystems.com.au>